Friday 6 November 2009

Vegetarian Lunches (part two)

Here are a few more lunches that I have made recently!



Courgette Soup
I sauteed onion, garlic and courgettes in a little olive oil until golden brown and then added vegetable stock to just cover the vegetables. After simmering for 20 minutes I then used a hand blender to make the soup smooth.






Spicy Tomato & Kidney Bean Soup
I first started off by frying one chopped onion with a clove of crushed garlic until golden brown. I then added a tin of chopped tomatoes and some vegetable stock, then adding salt, pepper and chili powder for flavouring. After simmering for around 15 minutes and adding a small spoon of tomato puree, I used my hand blender to make it smooth before adding a small tin of kidney beans and cooking for a further 5-10 minutes.



Quorn Mayo Wrap

I fried some quorn "chicken" style pieces in olive oil before adding to mayonnaise. I then assembled whole wheat wraps with lettuce, tomato, cucumber, red onion and avocado before topping off with the quorn mayo.





No comments:

Post a Comment