Sunday 12 September 2010

Cauliflower, Potato and Chickpea Curry

A yummy Friday night tea, so much better and healthier than getting a takeaway. I have been lazy again and I got a Karahi paste which you added water to, I do keep meaning to stock up on spices so that I could make my own homemade curry pastes, but I haven't quite got around to it yet. I saw in Selfridges recently that they did curried meat on a chapati with salad, so I thought I would do a veggie version. However, I have this little 'quirk' about me where I can't stand bread or anything like it getting soggy, so I had to have my chapati on the side.
To make the curry I fried a large onion until tender before adding diced potato, cauliflower and drained tinned chickpeas. I fried this for about 10 minutes and then added the paste and water, letting it simmer for around 15 minutes before adding fresh chopped tomatoes and chopping for a further 10 minutes. I then garnish with fresh coriander.

It's served with chapatis and a fresh salad comprising of lettuce, carrot, cucumber and tomato with homemade mint yoghurt (easy peasy: natural yoghurt, finely chopped fresh mint and sugar to taste). I love mint yoghurt with curry's to cool them down. I also garnish the salad with some freshly chopped chives.

No comments:

Post a Comment