Friday 12 November 2010

Bonfire Night!

Remember Remember the Fifth of November. Gunpowder, Treason and Plot!!!

As some of you may be aware, it was Bonfire Night last Friday (5th November) so I thought I would share with you my festivities. Don't get me wrong, I like Halloween but I LOVE Bonfire Night and always have.
I love the story of Guy Fawkes. He was born in York do you know?

When I was younger we used to go to fireworks at local pubs and have parties at home which was really fun. Last year, I had no plans as I was in York and did not know of any displays so I wanted to make this year special and that means going back to my hometown!

I didn't actually celebrate on Bonfire Night, but on the two following nights. On the Saturday I celebrated with my two closest girly friends, H & L. We had a bonfire, fireworks and traditional food (chili on baked potatoes, toffee apples).

This is the bonfire that L's Dad made, pretty impressive? We didn't have a guy to burn, but I definitely will be making one next year!
These are some of L's fireworks. Not very big but very pretty. I love fireworks!



On the Sunday I went to Markeaton Park which has a FREE firework display every year, however I got no photos :( but they were good!! And I went on the fair afterwards, I got to go on the waltzers and dodgems!!


Also, thought I would add a picture of some abstract toast S, H's boyfriend, made for me after L's firework gathering!

No comments:

Post a Comment