Wednesday 7 January 2009

Healthy Lunches: Leftover Vegetable Soup

I think most people get to the end of the week and they just have a few odd vegetables floating around at the bottom of their fridge. Not enough of one vegetable to make an accompaniment to a family meal but just about to turn so you wont be able to use them next week when you get more vegetables. I really hate just having to throw leftovers away and love soup, so I thought I would combine the two!


I had a leftover sweet potato, a carrot, a leek, some celery and some cabbage. Although I used these vegetables this would work with absolutely any vegetables that you have leftover!
  1. I cut my vegetables into small chunks and roughly shredded the cabbage. I then added them to a pan with a little olive oil to sweat.
  2. I added vegetable stock (this will depend on the quantity of vegetables that you use), a tin of chopped tomatoes, parsley, salt and pepper. I then left it simmer for 20 mins with the lid on (so it doesn't loose any of its lovely liquid).
  3. Then it was done! As easy as that! I tried it for seasoning, which was fine and then froze into 4 separate portions, so I have lovely, healthy lunches at hand!

No comments:

Post a Comment