Tuesday 6 January 2009

Winter Warmers: Veggie Sausages with Braised Lentils

I actually found this recipe in the free magazine that Asda produce, I just replaced the meat sausages in the recipe for veggie ones. I used Quorn, but anything would work! Serves 4 people!

I started off by first putting my sausages under the grill (although as you can tell this wasn't the best thing to do and you should cook them to the instructions on the box).
  • I chopped a medium onion and fried it in a little olive oil until tender
  • I then added in 250g of sliced chestnut mushrooms, a clove of crushed garlic and a knob of butter
  • When the mushrooms were cooked I added in a tin of green lentils, a tin of chopped tomatoes, tbsp of tomato paste, splash of red wine, salt and pepper
  • I cooked this down for about 15 mins. I served it with mashed potatoes and vegetables and added the sausages on top of my lentils

No comments:

Post a Comment