Thursday 24 September 2009

Thai Green Curry

I love Thai, Chinese, Japanese, Vietnamese, etc food, so after a trip to my local Chinese supermarket, I picked up a Thai Green Curry paste and thought I'd have a go at making.



  • First we started off my frying a pack of firm tofu in a little olive oil until it was light golden brown and then adding garlic for extra flavour.
  • We then added in our vegetables which were sugar snap peas, tender stem broccoli and button mushrooms. We fried them a little then added red onion and spring onions.
  • We added in the raw green paste and fried it off, mixing it in with all the ingredients before adding a tin of coconut milk and letting it simmer for 10 minutes.
  • We finished the curry off with a squeeze of fresh lime, some coriander and fresh red chilli's and then served it with some rice.
It was absolutely delicious and had a lovely heat to it. The paste is such a good bargain too as you only need a little for each curry and it lasts in the fridge for months. I would recommend people going to their local Chinese supermarket and trying one of the many curry pastes they have on offer out.

1 comment:

  1. I love the green thai curry, we need to make some again soon. very good thai meal that is easy to cook. I love it. Robbie xx

    ReplyDelete