Tuesday 15 September 2009

Picnicing

I absolutely love picnics and in my opinion it is the most perfect and romantic way to enjoy a meal. So after I had been on holiday for a week with friends, I thought it would be a fantastic idea to have a picnic with RB.
The weather was a little dull outside so it ended up being an indoor picnic, but it worked perfectly. In the first picture below you can see the main course, which was a mushroom quiche, salad, potato salad, roasted sweet potato, kettle chips and also some pickled food. We then had a bit of cheese with bread and grapes. I also made a strawberry cream cake which was absolutely delicious with extra strawberries and chocolates. We washed this all down with a bottle of wine and fruit juice.
It was such an enjoyable afternoon that I am definitely going to be making more picnics in the future, it is just a shame that picnic season is pretty much over!

No comments:

Post a Comment