Thursday 7 January 2010

Demuths, Bath

I have just recently come back from Bath, where I went away to for New Years. I would absolutely recommend visiting! It is a beautiful city with loads of history and lots of nice shops!

While we were there, we wanted to go for a nice meal and online we found a lovely vegetarian restaurant called Demuths and went for Sunday lunch.

Once we found the restaurant (it was tucked away down a little alleyway) we were greeted by lovely smells, a peaceful atmosphere and friendly staff. After looking at the menu we decided to share a plate of the Eastern Wraps (centre), which were so lovely, that if we hadn't already ordered mains, then we would have ordered more. For main course I had the Date & Chickpea Tagine, which came with couscous, harissa and yoghurt, and my dining partner had the Christmas Roast, which came with veg, root mash and gravy. We shared each others dishes and found both of them to be delicious, we especially liked the roast. Demuths is an absolute gem and definitely worth visiting if you go to Bath.


While walking around we also found The Porter, which is a vegetarian pub in Bath. We didn't stop for food, but nipped in for a drink and also found it very pleasant. It's vegetarian pub food menu looked really good and if I was to go back to Bath (which I think is almost definite), then I would go there to try it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment