Tuesday 8 June 2010

El Piano, York

El Piano is a little vegetarian restaurant in York on Grape Lane. I have been quite a few times to El Piano since I have lived in York and I thought it was about time I added it on!

There are various rooms that you can eat in at El Piano, at this time only the downstairs restaurant was open, but my favourite room to eat is the Moroccan room where you sit on cushions on the floor around a huge table.

El Piano offer a tapas style meal and all the food is presented in bamboo 'boats' which come in two sizes. It's reasonably priced and yummy! On this visit we had a Mixed Fried Boat with onion bhajis, falafel and sweetcorn fritters, Dhal which came with rice, Albondigas which are soya balls with a rich tomato sauce and Sweet Potato Mousse served with corn chips. They also do fantastic coffee there which comes 'cowboy style'.

So, if your in York sightseeing or on holiday, then El Piano is definitely a place to visit, I think it is especially good for lunch or coffee & cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment