Wednesday 9 June 2010

ONE Ethical Boutique, York

I have to admit, I may be a little bit obsessed with shopping and consumption. I love things, most of all clothes, shoes and other pretty things to wear! And at times this does put me in a bit of a moral dilemma, because as much as I try to buy ethically and make the right choices, I am often drawn in by the calls of TopShop, H&M, Zara, Oasis, Office, you get the picture! However, I have come to a compromise with myself where I can have high street clothes, if I see something that I really love but that I have to try to buy ethical where I can and endeavour to become more and more of an ethical consumer.

I have also felt that as this blog is about me and my lifestyle choices, that there has been a huge chunk missing around the area of fashion and clothing, which I would like to start to fill. So I thought I would start off with introducing the ONE Ethical Boutique in York, which has been an absolute gem in helping me to shop more ethically!

As you can see from the picture it is an absolutely beautiful shop, which is tucked away down an alley way. I love that brings all ethical designers into one shop, how I can actually look around and try things on rather than have to look online and chance the size and most of all I love how it is on my local high street!

I honestly love this shop and it makes being ethical feel more accessible, because I love to browse in shops and look around, which you can't always do buying ethical clothing. So if your in York, try and find this beautiful shop and have a look around!

No comments:

Post a Comment