Monday 26 July 2010

Courgette Gratin with Salad

This is yesterdays dinner of Courgette Gratin with Salad, it was very simple but tasty! Courgette Gratin is one of my favourite dishes that my Grandma has made for years!



To make a Courgette Gratin (four large portions) you need to chop an onion and a clove of garlic and fry it in a little oil. Then add 2 large courgettes which have been finely sliced and gently fry them as well. Add a tin of tomatoes, with a little water, before adding tomato puree, sugar, salt and pepper. Simmer for 10-15 minutes until the courgettes are tender. Then add the courgettes to a oven dish and top off with a mixture of brown bread crumbs and grated cheese. It is then baked for 30 minutes at 200 degrees centigrade.




This is a very simple potato salad. I first chopped new potatoes into bite-sized pieces and boiled then until tender. I then finely chopped red onion and put it into the mixing bowl with some salt and add the cooked potatoes on top, so that the onion didn't come across as strong. After the potatoes had cold, I mixed in some salad cream and mayonnaise (a combination I learnt from my friend H) before finishing it off with some pepper.


This is a salad of shredded lettuce, finely chopped broccoli and spring onions, which is then topped off with tomatoes. I then dressed the salad with some spinach pesto with additional olive oil, salt and pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment