Tuesday 17 August 2010

Eating Out in London

This is a little bit late, but I also wanted to share where I ate when I went to London. London has amazing cafes and restaurants! So much more variety than you can get anywhere else and I did not get to go to all the places that I wanted to.
 
On the first night I went to Ping Pong Dim Sum restaurant, of which there are many locations across London. I have never been for Dim Sum before and when I checked out the website, they seemed to have quite a lot of different vegetarian dumplings.
 
These are all of our dumplings. We started off with soup, before sharing lots of different dumplings. I had an exotic mushroom soup made with coconut milk. The dumplings were lovely and were like nothing that I had ever had before!
 
On the second night we went to Ukai, a sushi restaurant with locations across London, we went to their Portobello Road location. Sushi and Japanese food is some of my all time favourite food so this was probably my favourite meal!

To start we had miso soup, which came in massive bowls with loads of seaweed and tofu in it. And shared a plate of edamame, which were so yummy and were served in soya sauce and chili salt. We also had delicious cocktails! I mine pictured is a raspberry and passion fruit martini.

For main I had a vegetarian sushi platter which consisted of vegetable futomaki, cucumber futomaki and tamago nigiri (sweet omelet). I also got a side of inari nigiri, which was the best: sweet tofu pouches filled with sushi rice!
 
I would definitely recommend these two places if people are making a trip to London. They are both yummy and great, loads of options for vegetarians!

No comments:

Post a Comment