Tuesday 24 August 2010

Vegetable Bake

Another organic veg box recipe!
  • I first started off by prepping my aubergines, I sliced them about a centimetre thick layered them in a colander, salting each layer. I then put a plate and weights on top to extract any bitterness. After an hour or two, I fried them, a couple at a time in olive oil.
  • I made a simple tomato sauce and added a tin of mixed beans to the sauce.
  • In an oven proof dish I first layered some sauce, then added layers of courgette, carrots and potatoes (I would recommend boiling the carrots and potatoes first) with more of the sauce. I then topped it off with the aubergines and then some ready made white sauce. You could also add some cheese on top.
  • I cooked it at 200 degrees centigrade for around 40-50 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment