Sunday 17 October 2010

Raspberry Cakey Bites


2 cups of sifted self-raising flour
1 cup of sugar
1/2 a cup of butter
2 eggs
1/4 cup of milk
raspberries
orange zest

No the first thing I will say is make sure you use self-raising flour. I unfortunately thought I was using it until I packed the ingredients away and realised it was plain flour. Although they aren't too heavy, they obviously didn't rise! I would also say this isn't the perfect cake recipe, I just made it up because I don't have scales but I do have measuring cups. This may not sound promising, but I wanted to share it because they looked quite nice and they are yummy despite them being a bit of a disaster at the same time.

I made them as I would with any cake. I beat together the sugar and butter until they were smooth. I then mixed in the eggs, adding a little of the flour at this point so that the mixture didn't split. I also added the milk so it wasn't dry. I then folded in the rest of the sifted flour, before adding the zest of half an orange and some raspberries. I then also added on some raspberries to the top and granulated sugar to finish it off.

I think I need to practise baking a bit more. Hopefully next time will be a bigger success. But I have definitely been bitten by the baking bug!!

This is my treat tin where the yummy cakey stuff and biscuits live!

2 comments:

  1. They sound really good :) I think the picture is gorgeous. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thank you!! They are very pleasant even though they're a bit of a mistake x

    ReplyDelete