Monday 17 January 2011

Platillos, Sheffield

Recently I have been spending a lot more time in Sheffield, but more in the Meadowhall shopping centre than city centre. It is a great city to shop and spend time, close to where I come from. We made a quick stop there last week to find a John Lewis. 

  I have heard a few great reviews about Platillos in Sheffield, so armed with the map app. on my phone, RB and I set out to find it. Luckily, it was fairly close to John Lewis, which was great as we were starving! We were pleasantly surprised when we found it, it was in a beautiful courtyard with lots of other restaurants, including one of my other favourites: Wagamama!

Platillos serves tapas style dishes from all over the med! We started off with a vegetarian sharing platter, including: olives, falafel, tortilla, hummus, bread, a red pepper dip and tzatziki.

Then we had some smaller tapas dishes (I yet again made the error of tucking in and putting it onto my plate before I took a photo), including: spicy sweet potato crush, butternut squash fritters, grilled halloumi and garlic mushrooms. Platillos also has an extensive cocktail menu.

It was a little on the pricey side, but I would definitely recommend it! They do have an early bird menu, which is very reasonable. I think this would be good for a special occasion, I love tapas for a party!

No comments:

Post a Comment