Wednesday 13 April 2011

Woktastic, Birmingham

 Woktastic = WOW!

I absolutely love Japanese/Asian Fusion style food and Woktastic is doing it at it's best! It takes elements from two of my favourite chain restaurants Wagamama and Yo Sushi! then puts them together under one roof!


I didn't quite know what to expect when I heard that I was going eat at Woktastic with RB, his sister and brother-in-law. It was one of their favourites but the name conjured up the idea of bad Chinese buffet restaurants. I was pleasantly surprised when I was the beautiful bright decor and a sushi conveyor belt. My pictures are pretty poor... I'm sorry for this! We had been to the gym so were really hungry and also the food/conversation were so good, I nearly forgot to take photos at all!

We really over did it with the starters! We had a starter each, mine being the Agedashi Tofu with Sweet Chili Dip, which was sublime! Every time I have tried to tempura silken tofu it always goes wrong, but it is one of my most favourite things to eat! As RB and I were very hungry we took advantage of the unlimited Miso Soup and some of the veggie sushi they had to offer, the sushi pictured is Mooli Maki, but we also had Inari Nigiri. We washed it down with Plum Wine, which was so yummy and I don't know why I hadn't had it before!

There were a fair few vegetarian main courses to choose from, but I settled from Tempura Vegetables which came served with curry sauce, sticky rice and salad. This photo doesn't look amazing as there is a bit too much curry sauce, but it is better than there being too little! It tasted great though and even when I was completely full and about to burst I couldn't stop eating it!

Woktastic is great! It has loads of vegetarian options, both on its main menu and sushi menu. Everything on the menu is also clearly labelled to show it is vegetarian. It is definitely worth going to if you're ever visiting Birmingham!

No comments:

Post a Comment