Friday 2 August 2013

Re-HASH-ions #1

I would really love to think that I was able to Refashion things, but my creative skills and my aptitude with the sewing machine are just not up to scratch for that. Instead I have been working on a number of 'Re-hash-ions'- like a Refashion, but more poorly put together.

I have had a lot of time on my hands since I have been back in the UK (a broken leg does that for you!) so I have been working on a number of little projects when I have been bored. One of these projects has been to create more wearable day-time tops, which I do not have many of. However, I do have a large number of T-shirts with slogans and logos that I have inherited, but they are either an unflattering shape or men's which are too big for me so they end up becoming bed-time T-shirts.

My first go at this was to turn a extra large men's Dallas Mavericks T-shirt in to a more feminine and flattering top.

Now a bit of an oversight on my part... no before picture. However, I think we can all imagine what a men's extra large standard T-shirt looks like, right?

What I did...

First I started off by cutting a new neckline and sewing a dodgy new hem.


I then turned the T-shirt inside out, taking it in on both sides to make a closer fit shape, although I didn't want it too fitted. Luckily bad sewing did not matter at this point!


I finished it off my cutting down the original sleeves and turning them up to create a rolled sleeved look, securing it under the armpit where it can't be seen.


2 comments:

  1. I am sorry to read about your leg, hope your on the mend now. Your attempts to recycle clothing is good. I am impressed at how you have feminized this t-shirt, it really does look good. I have plenty of time on my hand too, since having to give up my job due to irreconciliable differences and much much, so on the hunt, there is so much I can do - but I am just not feeling motivated. Anyway, look forward to seeing your up-cyclying of fashion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome re-hash-ion! Thanks for the inspiration. Planning to make one for myself very soon!

    ReplyDelete