Saturday 16 November 2013

Fashionably FIT Survey

When Sophie at SportsShoes offered a pair of trainers for me to try out as part of  the 'Fashionably FIT' survey, I jumped at the chance. I was in an accident over the summer where I badly broke my leg, so it came at a time where I was learning to walk again and now where I am learning to run. 


Now, all this came about because Jan Moir (of Daily Mail fame) wrote an article slagging Katherine Jenkins for wearing make up during the London Marathon. Katherine Jenkins responded to this saying that she wasn't wearing make up, but for me this is not the point. What right does Jan Moir have to put her down if she was? This should be a personal choice and we should not be judged on this. 

Make up and fashion within sport is no bad thing; it can be used as a form of expression as with the Swedish athletes: Emma Green Tregaro and Mao Hjelmer who wore rainbow nail polish in protest of Russia's laws banning "gay propaganda".


 On to the shoes... they sent me a lovely pair of New Balance WR10V2 running shoes, which are probably the most beautiful pair of trainers I have ever seen. I don't know much about shoe science but these are barefoot/minimalist running shoes, they are ridiculously comfortable and really helped me to correct my walking. They are also, of course, non-leather and animal-free. The first few days I did not want to take them off and they have become a fixture, not just for sport but for everyday wear. 


No comments:

Post a Comment