Monday 24 August 2009

Vegetarian Lunches! (part one)

I have been so busy recently with work and other things that I feel I have been neglectful to this blog and I want to pick it back up again! While I was working though I started experimenting with new things to take for lunch and I came up with these.

Quorn & Sweetcorn Mayo

This was really simple to make. I fried some chopped up Quorn pieces in a little olive oil before adding some canned sweetcorn and low fat mayonnaise. It was really tasty, but all I had to put it on was cheap white bread!





Broccoli and Cauliflower Soup

I fried a chopped onion and 2 cloves of garlic in a little olive oil. I then added equal quantities of broccoli and cauliflower and then covered them in vegetable stock. After simmering for around 20 minutes I blended the soup with a hand blender. It was actually a bit thick so I added more vegetable stock while blending and then salt and pepper to taste.


Veggie Hummus Sandwich

For this sandwich I had some lovely seeded bread to put it on. I spreaded both slices of bread with a good covering of hummus and then filled with raw veggies and salad. In mine I put in lettuce leaves, tomato, cucumber, grated carrot and mushrooms.




Tomato and Red Pepper Soup

I started off like I do with most soups by frying a large chopped onion with some garlic in a little olive oil. I then added small chunks of red pepper which I also fried, I used two peppers. I added two cans of chopped tomatoes, salt, pepper, a tsp of sugar and a little vegetable stock before leaving to simmer until the pepper was tender. I then blended and strained the soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment