Monday 21 June 2010

Linda McCartney Vegetarian Roast

A little while back, I decided to try the Linda McCartney Vegetarian Roast for Sunday Lunch. At first I wasn't sure whether to put it up, but then I thought I could look at a whole range on vegetarian roasts for Sunday Lunches.

I picked the roast because it looked interesting and in the picture it had a herby stuffing running throughout the middle of it. I cooked it according to the instructions on the pack and served it with some roasted potatoes and mashed swede.

When I cut the roast open and tasted it we were very disappointed. It was flavourless and dry, I had to make a big jug of gravy just to get through it. The yummy looking stuffing didn't run all the way through and we only got two slices that actually had any stuffing in them. It did really put me off trying meat replacement roasts for a while and made me think that I'll stick to nut roast!

No comments:

Post a Comment