RB always eats protein flapjacks when he is on his way to the gym for the workout, but they are really very expensive and also tasty yucky! He kept suggesting that I try and make some protein flapjacks for him and now I have finally got round to it, this is my recipe!
These are the ingredients, beautifully written up on my new kitchen whiteboard. I put #1 as this was just meant to be a prototype but they were great, so we're going to stick to the recipe.
This is the dried fruit that we used, full of big juicy berries! We also used strawberry protein powder to make the flapjacks extra fruity!
- Grease a baking tray ready for your flapjacks and set the oven to 200 degrees centigrade.
- Combine the oil, butter, sugar and honey in a pan and gently heat until melted and combined into a liquid.
- Meanwhile, put the oats, protein powder and dried fruit into a mixing bowl.
- Add the liquid to the dry ingredients in the mixing bowl and then thoroughly mix.
- Tightly pack into the baking tray, evenly dispersing the mixture. Then bake for 20 minutes. This is the end product! I would advise not to try and get them out of the pan until they are completely cool as you end up with a crumble mess as you see to the left of the picture. When they were cool though, they stayed in perfect bar shapes.