Monday 9 August 2010

Organic Vegetable Pasta

My sister, V, has come to stay with me for a visit and had to make a yummy simple tea for us both! Also had some stuff left over from my veg box.
I first chopped two of my small fresh onions and fried them in a little olive oil with some lazy garlic. My sister grated a courgette and a carrot out of my veg box and added it to the pan to fry off a little. I then added a tin of chopped tomatoes and simmered it. I then seasoned the sauce with salt, pepper, sugar and added some tomato puree to make the sauce richer. I have a basil plant on the side so I chopped up some basil fine and added it in towards the end. I cooked wholewheat pasta, because it's better for you than white, and after draining it stirred the sauce into the pasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment