Wednesday 8 September 2010

Darley Park Concert, Derby.

Every year there is a concert in Derby on Darley Park. They have a classical music concert and then an amazing display of fireworks and it is all FREE! Apparently it is the biggest free classical concert in England, so I recently read. Apparently 30,000 people a year turn out for it. I have been quite a few years and I have always enjoyed it, when the weather is good. People pitch up with food and drink, put there blankets down and chairs up and sit out with friends. This year the fireworks were particularly spectacular, with these beautiful ones that formed into flowers. Me and RB went for an intimate picnic and cuddled together to keep warm.
This is me ready for the picnic with my hamper in hand. I am loving this old top from TopShop later and I wore it with leggings, new socks from Marks & Spencer (they are like ones I used to wear as a little girl for school), also my new little girl dolly shoes and a nice warm cardigan (I then layered on a jacket and a waterproof coat because it was so cold!)

This is my beautiful picnic hamper that RB bought me for my birthday. I love it and this is the first time that I have properly got it out to use it.

For our picnic I made Quorn tikka mayo, by marinating Quorn in tikka paste and frying it to cook it through. When it had cooled I mixed in some light mayonaise.
The potato salad is spiced and an idea I got from Sainsbury's Magazine. It has new potatoes, radishes and spring onions in a special spiced dressing.

I then just made a simple salad to go with it of salad leaves, cucumber and tomatoes.

This is the result of it on a plate. We also had lemonade to drink in true picnic fashion and finished off with some fresh strawberries and blueberries for pudding.

No comments:

Post a Comment